Carolina Shores Property Owners Association
Board of Directors Meeting
August 20, 2007
Board Members Present: Mike Mundy, Mal MacRaild, Sally
Nolan, Al Franklin, Angela Kopitopoulos, Connie Six, and David Jones.
Mike Mundy called the meeting to order at 3:20 pm. Mike
asked for approval of the minutes for July. Motion to approve minutes
made by Mal MacRaild. Seconded by Sally Nolan. All in favor Aye. No Nays.
1. Don Hart, Town Liaison.
• Requested a date for “Candidates Night” prior
to November 6, 2007 upcoming election to fill 3 commissioner seats
and Mayor’s seat. Scheduled date to appear in October Bulletin.
Please put in the Bulletin:
• Hurricane Storm debris-2 trucks will be out for pickup of debris.
2. Joyce Dunn addressed the meeting to discuss an outside Company producing
our monthly Bulletin and community telephone directory. Joyce passed
out a sample Bulletin for our consideration. Advertisers would defray
part of the costs. Joyce asked to wait to review other monthly Bulletins
in the area before a decision is made. All information and pictures
would be delivered by e-mail. A sample for Carolina Shores will be presented
in the next 2 months with a projected date of January 2008 to publish
the new Bulletin.
• New PA System has been purchased for $290.04.
• Office telephone system has been replaced by ATMC at cost of
• New card information is not yet complete. Item tabled.
• Facilities recommendations:
• Construction of a Storage Shed. The board discussed combining
construction of the shed and restroom improvements at the same time.
Item is tabled for further information and planning.
• Quote from Williams Carpet Co. to replace carpeting in POA
Community room for $5212.31. Members asked that we get prices for
other types of flooring to replace the carpeting.
• Weekly Bingo Game-The information is not available yet, will
present at a future meeting.
• Golf Course survey results are Yes: 309 No-206, Undecided-19.
Mal MacRaild suggested that a committee be formed to research further
information to purchase the Golf Course.
Al Franklin made a motion to form the committee. Their first step is
to get legal council to check the legalities and the Board will authorize
fees at a later date. Seconded by David Jones.
All in favor Aye, no nays. Mal MacRaild and David Jones agreed to be
members of the committee to represent the Board.
Al Franklin- ACC
• Two letters of violations to be sent to levee fines.
• Open slat construction of Patio wall fences. Al will be sending
requirements for publication in the Bulletin. Al made a motion to accept
this notification seconded by Sally Nolan. All in favor Aye, no Nays.
• Discussed replacing furniture in the secretary’s office.
Mal MacRaild suggested place in budget as a line item.
• New friends requested funds for decorations for the community
Halloween party. Angela made a motion to provide $50.00 to New Friends.
Seconded by Al Franklin. All in favor Aye. No Nays.
• Pat Cejka at 43 Gate 6 made a request to purchase the buffer
POA property adjacent to her home. This request will be considered.
• Mrs. Cejka also requested the Town mow the grass up to the town
fence near her home. Don Hart will have this taken care of.
• Discussed the following issues:
1. Smoking at the pool.
2. Cleaning the pine straw from the tennis courts.
3. Changes to the POA Christmas Party.
Board discussion followed, no changes at this time. Mal MacRaild made
a motion to purchase 3 additional trashcans. Seconded by Sally Nolan.
All in favor Ayes, No Nays.
• 2008 preliminary budget line items need to be submitted by
each Board member.
• Nancy Apple met with Mal to work on accounting system.
• We need to form a nominating committee for the Board elections.
Angela Kopitopoulos will form nominating committee.
Al Franklin made a motion to adjourn at 6:10 pm. Seconded by Mal MacRaild.
Next general meeting is scheduled for an Open Meeting on Monday, September
17th at 7pm.
The next Board meeting is October 15th a 3pm.