A. Architectural Control Committee-Al Franklin
• Discussed 14 Topsail. The owner’s father will speak
to his son to make necessary repairs. The owner has one week to make
repairs to comply with deed of restrictions. If he doesn’t comply,
we will proceed with legal action.
All dues need to be paid up to date.
Al made a motion to take legal action if necessary. Seconded by Mal.
All in favor. Aye.
• Mr. Peter Kirkby-19 Gate 6- wants to remove 2 8 ft. sections
of privacy fence in rear of his property. This would be in violation
of the DOR.
• Motion by A. Kopitopoulos to reject request. Seconded by Mal
MacRaild. All in favor-Aye.
• A letter to be sent to property owner on Yellow Jacket for
information on rental property.
• 20 Gate 3. ACC inspected this property. There is still a drainage
problem. The Builder will check property to correct problem.
• Al Franklin discussed procedures to issue fines to builders
for working out of hours.
• 1st Violation- Letter sent
• 2nd Violation- Regular fine
• 3rd Violation- Double fine
Motion to accept by Mal MacRaild. Seconded by Dave Jones. All
in favor. Aye.
• 35 Calabash Dr. The Board agreed property was discussed
at April meeting. If no improvements by June 01, 2007 the Board will
use monies being held to clean up the property. Motion to accept by
Al Franklin. Seconded by Mal MacRaild. All in favor. Aye.
B. Audit and Finance-Malcolm MacRaild
• Mal MacRaild spoke with Nancy Apple today. She is planning
to start training the office personnel in about 2 weeks. Each member
received an updated Profit and Loss statement through April 2007.
C. Recreation-Connie Six
• Connie Six discussed upcoming Memorial Day Picnic. Members
arrive at 1:30 to help. Al Franklin suggested purchasing 8 new coolers
and propane gas tanks for POA use. Mike Mundy has received an offer
for a free freezer for the POA. The chest freezer will be available
for ice cream at picnics.
• Subject of Lap swimming: For Lap swimming it’s too
difficult to open pool at 8am. Interferes with pool cleaning. The
final decision is that the pool to open 7 days a week at 9 am.- Monday,
Wednesday, and Fridays Water Aerobics. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday,
and Sunday 9 to 10 am. Lap swimming.
D. Facilities-Sally Nolan
• June 13- POA to be closed for re-carpeting of the office.
• Pool bathrooms have been painted and refurbished. Al to replace
locks on bathrooms.
• Sally plans to inventory supplies.
• Vacuum has been replaced.
• Replacing pool furniture- Sally to check prices and present
E. Secretary-Angela Kopitopoulas
F. David Jones- will decide which area he would like
to become involved in.
G. Mike Mundy will mount flags for Memorial Day. Flags
to be flown a few days before the holiday.
Al Franklin will recruit a volunteer to move the donated freezer
to the POA.
Old Business- Town of Carolina Shores will
provide new street sign on Northwest Dr. when new budget is passed.
New Business- Discussed trash pickup for handicapped
resident. Party wants curbside pickup. Waste management is not accepting
new customers in Carolina Shores. The Town of Carolina Shores is discussing
this issue with the resident. Subject for June Open Meeting-Discussion
of Options for garbage disposal.
Complaints were made by some residents concerning articles in the May
Newsletter. In the future Board members will approve articles pertaining
to their responsibilities.
Motion to adjourn made by Sally Nolan. Seconded by Mal MacRaild at