1. Mike introduced Joe Martere representing
the Facilities Management Committee.
|• No information is available on the 10’x16’
Tennis Storage Building. It will be provided by July 13, 2007.
• $26,000 for replacement of current restrooms at
the pool, approximately 10’x20’.
2 estimates for children playground installation. $15,000 -
$35,000. This is commercial grade equipment which is recommended.
• The tennis players have asked that the new storage building
be relocated away from the tennis courts.
• Mike Mundy
recommended that we table these 3 projects for discussion at
our next meeting.
2. Don Hart, Town Liaison
|• Signs on Northwest Dr. The Town has scheduled work
for the installation of street signs.
• Town will
take over responsibility to replace lights at entrances. Brunswick
Electric will replace broken lightening and maintain the lights
in the future for a monthly fee.
• Brunswick county
manager is to contact Marty K. Lawling. He is in charge of recreation
and water and sewer projects.
3. Angela Kopitopoulos is checking with the county
to setting up a weekly Bingo Game in the POA.
4. Connie Six discussed a survey was not completed
at the picnic to know preferences for picnic and rain dates.
5. Al Franklin suggested the POA purchase a new
CD player with PA system and speakers.
6. No procedures are in place now to limit expenditures
for the Board members. Al Franklin made a resolution that all expenditures
over $750.00 that have not been budgeted are to be presented to
the Board for approval. Seconded by Mal MacRaild. The Board discussed
this resolution. Amended resolution to the Board is to approve all
expenditures over $500.00. All in favor. Aye no nays.
7. Mike Mundy suggested that each Board member
start preparing budget information for Mal MacRaild. Next year’s
budget to be more detailed.
8. Sally Nolan announced New Business. Contacted
ADT for new access card system for pool and POA entrance.
9. Al Franklin contacted ATMC because of on going
telephone service problems.
• 2 prices quoted from ATMC: Installation
|a. With answering service: $2614.14
b. Monthly stays the same no answering service: $1771.00
Al cancelled the T.V. cable service. Al made a motion to accept
ATMC system for $1771.00. Seconded by Sally Nolan. All in favor
Aye. No nays.
10. Mal MacRaild stated all taxes have been paid
up to date.
11. Mike suggested we discontinued the Carolina
Shores.net a Basic internet account.
12.Mike Mundy discussed resident complaints regarding
golf paths used by residents in the afternoon. This is the Golf
13. Trailers parked in driveways over 3 days.
All complainers need to complete complaint forms in POA.
14. There have been several requests for residents
to purchase buffer zones. We need to review each case separately.
15. “The Golf Course” discussion:
Mike Mundy will contact the county to check if they are interested
in purchasing the Golf Course. Our attorney needs to be contacted
to discuss our options. We need dollar amounts for purchasing the
course. Mal suggested a detailed survey be sent to residents for
their views. Mal agreed to compose the survey letter with Sally
and David. Sally motioned to approve postage for letter survey.
Seconded by Mal MacRaild.
16. Motion to adjourn made by Mike Mundy. Seconded
by David Jones at 5:20 p.m.